Saturday, December 6, 2014

HP Stream--Possibly a Great Family Computer (and check out the deflation of computer prices!)

Here's an interesting idea if you or your family (especially the kids) are in need of a computer:

HP Stream 11 or HP Stream 13.  Check out what Paul Thurrott has to say.  If my computers wear out or break to the point I can't fix them, I'd definitely by looking at something like this.

P.S., I recommend the Microsoft Store's Signature Edition of this.  It doesn't have the extra trial software loaded on the other versions so it will run smoother.

I'm amazed at the deflation in price and increase in performance I've seen in computers.  Check out this 1983 ad for an old TRS-80:


Going, back further, take a look at IBM's typewriter prices.  The Model B, below, went for $575 when first sold in 1954 (that's $5,075.24 in 2014 dollars!):


No comments:

Post a Comment